Thursday, August 30, 2012

Weight loss update

Its been almost a month since I started "trying" to take better care of myself. I have been walking almost daily, give or take a day here and there. I have even started running. We bought a treadmill about a week ago, and the addiction to run on it is ridiculous!!! I don't like running outside on the track across from my house, to much bouncing for the public eye, but the running is getting so much easier. I used to tell people "I don't run unless I am being chased!" HA! Running is so much fun, though. It reminds me of being young and running for the hell of it.

So, for the first time in a while, I finally got on the scale this morning. Now, I am still not comfortable saying exactly what my weight its, but I am happy to report that I have officially lost 25 pounds! YEAH!!!! Go ME!!! I should post a picture, but I will get to that on the next one. Just so excited for myself.

I came to the realization, with this weight loss and energy I now have, that age really is a state of mind. I am only 33 but until I started exercising and eating right, I felt more like 43. Now, I know I am not old. I have to remind myself of that constantly. It doesn't help that I live in College Station, home to A&M and 50,000 energetic college kids. I think living here has made me want to be a better, fit person. These kids are always running. I can't drive home from work without seeing multiple co-eds in nothing but a sports bra and shorts running their butt off. It used to piss me off, now its a motivator. I am looking better and feeling better and have the experience of my age to back me up. I am better than them. I am better with my kids, my husband, everything is better now that I feel good. So, wish me luck. I am going to be looking for some kind of race or walk to enter. I want a goal, not just my weight loss, to complete. 

Wish me luck!



2 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations! 25 lbs is amazing! You are very inspirational...makes me want to buy a tredmill because like you I dont like running outside (to hot!) or at the gym (to many people around). You should look for a local 5-K to train for. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's huge! Congratulations and keep up the great work! Come join my blog hop! :-)

    ReplyDelete