Thursday, June 28, 2012

Guest Post: Kassi From Truly Lovely!!!

So excited to have my first ever blog guest. Its from Kassi at Truly lovely! Their site has been a big inspiration for me getting into the blogging world. So, with out further ado, take it away Kassi! (I feel like a game show host!)

Hi there lovelies! My name is Kassi and I blog over at Truly Lovely!

It's an 'all things lovely' blog written by me and my sister Kayli! I am so excited to be blog swapping with the lovely Leslie today! She's over at our place sharing a sweet DIY/crafty post, so when you're finished here I'm sure she'd love a visit from a familiar face. ;)
I don't know about you, but I carry some sort of tote, purse, or other bag with me pretty much at all times... SO when I got married last July I figured a fun tote bag would make a great gift for my bridesmaids! A personalized tote bag with a few zebra print accents were just the thing! ;)personalized tote bags
I started with plain black tote bags
(I got mine in packages of three from Hobby Lobby).
Then I used my Silhouette SD to cut each girls' name out of vinyl to make the stencil.
I just cut around and then peeled the names off the vinyl sheet and stuck each one in the center of a tote. Make sure you get all those random little middle pieces too. You know the center of an a or an o, to make sure the letters show up well.
Once they were stuck on and smoothed out, I used a small paint brush to fill in the stencil with white paint. painting a tote bag
I decided on the black and white zebra theme with their bags because I figured that might be something they'd be more likely to use over again than the wedding colors. That's also the reason I didn't add "Bridesmaid" or anything more specific than their name. I like to give gifts that can be used over and over!
Once their names were dry (it took a few coats of the white paint to get it bright enough on the black background), I hot glued a zebra ribbon around the top of each tote.
A couple fabric rosettes made from zebra print of course, then hot glued on added the finishing touch! Here's an easy fabric rosette tutorial, FYI.
Once the bags were all finished I stuff them with other handmade goodies including a fleece blanket in a specific fabric chosen for each girl and some jewelry boxed in handmade gift boxes!
On the morning of my wedding I presented a fun gift to each of my sweet friends, handmade by me! :)
What did you or do you plan to give as bridesmaid gifts at YOUR wedding??? I'd love to hear all about them!!
Thanks to Leslie for having me over today! :)
Happy Crafting lovelies!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment