Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday's Music of the week: Shinedown




Shinedown's album newest album came out in March and it rocks. Every time I hear a new one on the radio, I am never disappointed. I am a huge rock fan and these guys definitely deliver. Plus, one of their new songs really speaks to me.


 
 
Ok, I was not one of the popular kids, I was the fat girl in Choir. Now, in Choir, I was kind of one of the top dogs, but that really doesn't set you up for popularity in your class. Don't get me wrong, I had friends in my class, but I didn't socialize with most of them. I was happy being the odd girl in the back of the class who was just waiting for advisory period so I could go to hang out in the choir room. Yes, I got made fun of, but I like to think overcame it. One of the lines in the song says, "All you'll ever be is a fading memory of a bully." I hear that and think to myself, I remember being made fun of for being different, but I couldn't tell you who said it to me. I remember the words, unfortunately, but the who is lost in my mind. Which is probably a good thing for that person, because being who I am now, I would probably slap them if they tried to talk to me at a Reunion or something. Kids are brutal, there's no getting around that and now that I have kids, I worry that they will go through this too. But the one thing my husband make sure of is that our girls know that not only are they beautiful, but they are smart and can do anything and my son, we teach him to be smart, strong and kind. I think this will give them the confidence they need in life. Man, I went off on a tangent with this post today. Whatever, its good to get things out sometimes. Anyway, Enjoy Shinedown!! 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment