Monday, May 7, 2012

Cat Eyes Tutorial

I have been doing my eyeliner like this for a while now and it can be intimidating. So, in my daily routine, I took pictures and am now sharing how I do it.

First, you have two options, start completely bare on the lids and only have liner on the eye, or add shadow first. In my experience, if you do the shadow after you do the eye liner, it gets on the liner and you have to do touch ups. Its a pain.

For this tutorial, I went with the bare lid.

1. Start with the liner tip at the outer edge of your eye and sweep it upward. You can go up as far as you like. Do the same to the other side making sure they are even.

2. Next line your eye as close to the lash line as possible. 


3. Next, starting near the inner corner of your eye, draw a line to the initial line. Ultimately making a triangle. Check again that both eyes are even. 


4. Fill in the triangle.

5. Check again that they are even. I have done this enough in my life that I can pretty much do it in my sleep, however, q-tips are an amazing invention that you can use to clean up the line. 

This is what the finished product looks like. Hope you like my tutorial. Please share! Please pin!!!



Its kind of hard to see the detailed flip at the ends of my eye, but I like the way this looks. 

Be sure to pin!


1 comment:

  1. I love the look of the cat eye! But I rarely wear it, as it can be so hard to get just right!! haha Thanks for sharing your tutorial. I never thought to start with the outer line first! I always lined my lashes first! I'll have to try it this way next time. ♥ Thanks so much for linking it up to Makeup Monday! I sure hope you will be back again today!

    ~Maria-Isabel
    www.agapelovedesigns.com

    ReplyDelete